英语四级六级培训课程

地道英语口语表达

时间:2022-5-2 作者:沪江英语网

1. fall in love 坠入爱河;fall out of love 爱情不再。

如,He was penniless when I fell in love with him.

我爱上他的时候他家徒壁立;The couple have fallen out of love with each other.

这对伴侣之间爱情火花已经熄灭。

加逗逼美女薇信”vipwjzm“,寂寞的夜晚你可能需要她!

2. for kicks 找刺激。

The kids stole CDs just for kicks.

小孩偷CD,完全为了找刺激。

He enjoys doing things like rock climbing and bungee jumping, just for kicks.

他喜欢攀岩和蹦极这种事,为了就是探寻刺激。

3. I wasn’t born yesterday. 意思是我可不傻,别想骗我。

譬如,You can’t expect me to believe that. I wasn’t born yesterday.

你不会真以为我会相信吧?我又不傻。

You’d better come up with a better excuse. Your boss wasn’t born yesterday, you know.

你最好想个更好点的借口,你老板可不傻。

4. elbow room 可以伸展(进步)的空间。

The kitchen is way too small. There is no elbow room at all.

这厨房太小了,连转身的地方都没。

加逗逼美女薇信”vipwjzm“,寂寞的夜晚你可能需要她!

I need to find a new job. My boss doesn’t give me any elbow room for professional growth.

我得找份新工作,我老板一点专业进步的空间都不给我。

5. one’s heart is in the right place 本意是好的。

His criticism might be a bit harsh, but his heart was in the right place.

他的批评可能过于严厉,但他本意是好的。

My father was really strict with me, but I knew his heart was in the right place.

我爸对我管得非常严,但我了解他是本意是好的。

6. play sth. by ear 见机行事。

I didn’t have time to prepare for the job interview. I will have to play it by ear.

我没时间为应聘做筹备,只好见机行事了。

He is a spur-of-the-moment kind of guy. He never has plans and plays everything by ear.

他干事喜欢心血来潮,从无计划,随机应变。

声明:本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献自行上传,本网站不拥有所有权,未作人工编辑处理,也不承担相关法律责任。如果您发现有涉嫌版权的内容,欢迎发送邮件至:qpkjz@qq.com 进行举报,并提供相关证据,工作人员会在5个工作日内联系你,一经查实,本站将立刻删除涉嫌侵权内容。