英语四级六级培训课程

关于咖啡的那些趣闻

时间:2022-5-11 作者:星火英语网

天冷了,手捧一杯咖啡是否一种享受呢?但,你真的认知咖啡的前世今生么?人类是如何发现咖啡的呢?咖啡店还一度遭禁,这是为何呢?

起源:跳舞的羊Legend has it that Ethiopian shepherds first noticed the effects of caffeine when they saw their goats appearing to become frisky and "dance" after eating coffee berries.

传闻,当埃塞俄比亚的牧羊人看到他们的山羊吃下了咖啡浆果后变得活跃并且“跳起舞”,他们开始发现咖啡因的成效。

早期:咖啡是部落的主食Originally, Coffee was eaten. African tribes mixed coffee berries with fat which formed edible energy balls.

刚开始,咖啡是用来吃的。非洲部落把咖啡浆果和脂肪混合在一块制成食物——能量丸子!

兴起:伊斯兰教的推进The rise of Islam contributed greatly to the popularity of coffee. The religion prohibited drinking alcohol, but coffee was considered an acceptable drink.

伊斯兰教的推进为咖啡的普及做出了巨大的贡献。这种宗教信仰禁止饮酒,但咖啡被觉得是一种可同意的饮料。

种植:世界的咖啡带All the coffee in the world grows in the Bean Belt. The "Bean Belt" is a fancy word for the equator.

世界上所有些咖啡都种植于“咖啡带”,“咖啡带”指的是南北回归线之间的热带地区。

韵事:英国国王曾禁止咖啡店In 1675, the King of England banned coffee houses, claiming they were places where people met to conspire against him.

1675年,英国国王取缔了咖啡店,声称它们是大家秘密谋划反对他的集会地址。

类型:Arabica咖啡独领妖娆70% of the world consumes Arabica coffee, which is mild and aromatic. The remaining 30% drinks Robusta, which is more bitter-tasting but has 50% more caffeine than Arabica.

世界消费的咖啡70%是味道温和、气味芳香的阿拉比卡咖啡。剩下的30%是罗巴斯达,后者的味道相对略苦,但其咖啡因含量是前者的1.5倍。

成长:咖啡长在树上Coffee grows on trees. They can grow to be up to 30 feet tall, but are cultivated to be around 10 feet tall for easy-picking.

咖啡长在树上,咖啡树可以长到30英尺高,但为了便于采摘,大家将其培育到大约10英尺(3米)高。

声明:本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献自行上传,本网站不拥有所有权,未作人工编辑处理,也不承担相关法律责任。如果您发现有涉嫌版权的内容,欢迎发送邮件至:qpkjz@qq.com 进行举报,并提供相关证据,工作人员会在5个工作日内联系你,一经查实,本站将立刻删除涉嫌侵权内容。